Thursday, September 1, 2011

Alrighty, here we go!

I've been thinking about having a blog often over the past few years.  I don't know who will be that interested in what I have to say but I think it'll help me to get my thoughts out.  So here's my first blog!  Yay!

One reason I want to start this blog is because I am going to be going on a couple of missions trips in the next year (Lord willing) and thought it'd be fun to document the process here.  The first trip I'm going on is to Mali Africa.  I'm going with my Pastor and his son on November 11-22ish.  We will be able to spend time at the Koutiala Hospital which, as I understand, is a women/children hospital.  I think a lot of what we will do is love on the people there which is super exciting.  :)

I have always said if I could figure out a way to provide audiology services to folks all over the world that don't otherwise have the means of getting them; I'd spend the rest of my life doing that.  And no, I'm not opposed to helping people here in the US.  I get that question a lot.  But man, it's a lot harder to do so here and to be honest, some people are called to provide "missionary" type services here in the US and some are not. I think I am someone who is called to go overseas.  But we'll see how that plays out.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy hearing about my travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment